Villas Of The Galleon Welcomes International Guests
Under the current Phase IV guidelines, securely verifiable fully-vaccinated travellers are able to travel with no quarantine requirement. Travelers are however required to receive rapid tests on days 2, 5 and 10 of their stay.
Please read on to learn more about the current entry requirements, LFT rapid test requirements and more.
For more information on the Cayman Islands Reopening Plan please visit: www.exploregov.ky/reopening-plan
Travel Cayman Application Required
Persons wishing to travel to the Cayman Islands must apply via the Travel Cayman portal. The Travel Cayman portal enables travellers to specify if they have been vaccinated, whereby provisional approval can be granted.
Start your Travel Cayman application at: https://travelcayman.gov.ky
- All traveller applicants will be emailed three days before departure to confirm whether they have received approval to travel.
- All vaccinated travellers will be required to present the original certificate upon arrival at Cayman Islands airports.
No Quarantine Needed for Travellers with Proof of Full Vaccination
Fully vaccinated travellers aged 12 and older who arrive in the Cayman Islands must be able to produce a securely verifiable vaccine document.
- Travellers who are fully vaccinated but do not have a securely verifiable vaccination document will be required to undergo a 10-day quarantine period with a day 11 exit PCR test.
- Unvaccinated travellers are required to remain in quarantine for a minimum of 14 days, with a negative day 15 exit PCR test before being released from quarantine.
COVID-19 Testing During Your Stay
Incoming vaccinated travelers are required to take a lateral flow rapid test on days 2, 5 and 10 of their stay. A Rapid Antigen Testing Card will be issued by Customs Border Control upon arrival. This card will be updated by a healthcare provider whenever a test is administered.
For a list of approved healthcare providers, please visit:
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions!
PCR Test Required 72 Hours Before Flying to the Cayman Islands
All travellers aged 12 and older entering the Cayman Islands at the Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM) will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test taken no more than 72 hours before departure.
Is Health Insurance Required to Enter The Cayman Islands?
All inbound travellers will be required to attest to a statement that confirms that they possess health insurance which includes COVID-19 coverage, or that they understand the financial risks they are taking and that they have independent means to cover their medical costs.
Learn more here.
Pre-Flight COVID-19 Testing for Re-Entry into the USA and Other Countries
It is the guest’s responsibility to know what COVID-19 tests are required to enter your return destination. Be cautious of the timeframe and plan for proof of a negative COVID-19 test result.
U.S Entry Requirements
If you’re flying to the USA you must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test before entering the United States. All air passengers, age 2 or older and regardless of vaccination status, must show a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before travel to the United States. All passengers 2 years and older are required to be tested. NAAT and Antigen tests are accepted.
Canadian Entry Requirements
All travellers 5 years of age or older must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada. You must take a molecular test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Canada only accepts PCR, NAATs and RT-LAMP molecular test.
U.K Entry Requirements
Before you travel to the the UK, you must book and pay for a COVID-19 test to be taken before the end of day 2 and complete a passenger locator form in 48 hours before you arrive in the United Kingdom.
Arrivals & Transfers
Once travellers arrive at Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM) they are required to wear a face-covering in all public spaces. Once you have cleared customs, there are several convenient ways to transfer to our property. We are just a short 14-minute drive away from the airport. There are several transportation options available.
Most major rental companies operate just a short one-minute walk across the street from the arrivals greeting area.
Taxis are immediately available from the arrivals greeting area on a dispatch basis.
For a full list of transportation options, visit the ground transportation link on the Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM) website.
Note: Masks are required by the Cayman Islands government in all public places, including the airport, taxis and public transport.
When checking in, guests receive exclusive service with a maximum occupancy of one (1) party at the front desk. We have taken precautions to maintain social distancing and low contact protocol to create a seamless and comfortable experience.
- Masks are required on our property, including the front desk and the resort grounds. Masks may be removed once on the beach, if social distancing (6ft) can be maintained.
- Only one (1) guest is permitted at the front desk at any given time.
- Posters and signage are in all public areas to encourage social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the front desk and various other easily accessible locations around the property.
We are meeting and exceeding national guidelines with our housekeeping measures to ensure our accommodations are scrupulously cleaned and sanitized for your peace of mind.
- Housekeeping wear masks and gloves. Gloves are to be changed between every guest room.
- All housekeeping staff are required to follow a detailed cleaning checklist.
- Housekeeping will only be completed when units are empty.
- Linens and towels are sanitized at the highest temperature setting with hospital-grade detergents. All high-touch points in guest rooms are thoroughly sanitized, including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, phones, remote controls and more.
- All glassware is thoroughly washed and sanitized.
No trip to the Caymans would be complete without spending quality time lounging poolside or on a brilliant white-sand beach. Friendly and attentive staff are available to ensure your time in the sun is a blissful experience. Enjoy effortless social distancing and let the gentle sea breezes blow your worries away!
- Masks are not required when sitting down on, or making your way to the beach lounge chairs.
- Beach lounge chairs are arranged to follow social distancing protocols.
- All high-touch points are sanitized frequently.
Check-out & Departure
Checking out at Villas of the Galleon is seamless and touchless. From our family to yours, we look forward to seeing you next time!
- The Front Desk has a touchless credit card machine to facilitate contactless payments.
- Guests drop room keys in a drop box when checking out. Keys are then thoroughly sanitized.
- Front Desk can arrange for transfers to the Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM).
* Please note that our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures, and all the information provided on this page is subject to change without notice.